A 30 OR 50-MILE ULTRA
ABOUT THE EVENT
A real challenge from the Wee Run Events team.
Long ultra of 50 miles from Central Perth to Stirling University - this is a qualifying ultra for the West Highland Way Race
Short ultra of 30 miles from Auchterarder to Stirling - a GREAT distance to tackle if you've never done an ultra before
We welcome ALL runners, from ALL backgrounds and ALL genders. We are an LGBTQIA+ friendly event - in fact we're friendly FULL STOP! You can run as M or F or NB and we welcome you to sign up and run as the gender of your choice.
Don't feel ready to tackle an ultra solo as yet? Then do the 50 miles as a team!
Both routes use the Core Path Network giving stunning views across central Scotland - selfies are very much welcomed!
Scottish Natural Heritage Promote the use of the Core Path network details can be found on their website.
- End to End on the Ochils
- Marked Route
- Water at checkpoints
- Drop-off bags conveyed to checkpoints (approx every 10 miles)
- Chip Timing
- GPS Tracking
- Start at Lower South Inch at 7am (Long)
- Start in Primrose Park, AFC, Auchterarder at 9am (Short)
- Finish at Stirling University, Stirling
- Courses close at 10pm
- Registration at Stirling University (5am Long, 7am Short)
- Bus to the start (6am Long, 8am Short)
- Prizes for the winners (1st Male/Female/NB 50 miles, 1st Male/Female/NB 30 miles, 1st Team)
- Medals for all finishers
- Professional Photographers at the finish and out on the course
- Sports Massage at the finish
- Food and Refreshments at the finish
- Toilets, showers and changing facilities at the finish
T-shirts are not included in our entry price as we are aware that many people have wardrobes overflowing with t-shirts that they don't want, don't like and will end up in a landfill - BUT we do offer T-shirts at an additional cost which you can purchase on entry.
A STUNNING ULTRA THROUGH THE OCHILS
VIEW THE ROUTE
HOW LONG HAVE YOU GOT TO TRAIN?
THE NEXT OCHIL ULTRA IS 30TH SEPTEMBER 2023
SIGN UP NOW
EARLY BIRD ENTRIES FOR 2023 OPEN SOON
INCLUDED IN YOUR ENTRY
Prizes for the winners
Medal for Every Finisher
Water stations on course
Event facilities and toilets
Live Results Online
Insurance for participants
Fully marked and marshalled trail routes
Refreshments available at the finish
SEE THE IMAGES TAKEN FROM 2022
Photos taken by amateur photographer Nic Crossley
IMAGES FROM PREVIOUS YEARS
ESSENTIAL AND RECOMMENDED ITEMS
- Head torch (can be left at CP4 in your drop bag)
- Mobile phone (fully charged)
- Emergency blanket
- Emergency Food and Drink
- All runners will be issued with a GPS tracker which must be carried (relay runners should pass this as a baton)
- Emergency Contact information on your notes
- Waterproofs may be compulsory if the weather is inclement as some of the course is over high tops and can be exposed.
- A map of the route is recommended.
- First aid kit
- Spare clothes especially socks as there are wet sections (can be left in your drop bags)
WEE RUN EVENTS
WE RUN EVENTS YOU LOVE TO RUN
Wee Run Events organises the Ochil Ultra.
With over 40 years' event experience we pride ourselves on creating and delivering events that are fun and challenging.
Wee Run Events also provides chip timing services, race consultancy and entry portal software.Wee can help!